Sunday, June 05, 2005

Teaching Resources

I've used the first chapter of Don Norman's The Design of Everyday Things in composition for engineers before, which worked well in getting them to think about writing as something designed. As I may be teaching that course again this coming year, Norman's jnd.org may prove useful. Found at The Digital Sextant as part of Brendan's commentary on a story arc in the comic Agnes.

A NYT op-ed piece titled "Is Persuasion Dead?" discusses one of my major pollitical concerns, and an issue I try to deal with directly in my composition courses. The fact that civil discourse and debate as reasonsed discussion rather than shout fest has become a political issue (an issue for the radical center) is disturbing. It probably always has been a political issue. It's always been a concern of rhetoric. Link provided by digital b.

| | | |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home