Thursday, January 12, 2006

4 Things Meme

Because Clancy's doing it.

Note: I've decided to change some of my answers. Deal with it.

Four Jobs You’ve Had In Your Life:

1. Paper route
2. Cashier at the Hot Springs Lodge and Pool (one of many positions I held there in high school and college)
3. Sales associate for Godiva Chocolatier
4. Student employee in the Media Library of University of Colorado, Boulder

Four Movies You Could Watch Over And Over:

1. Grosse Pointe Blank
2. Blade Runner
3. Seven Samurai
4. Raiders of the Lost Ark

Four Places You’ve Lived:

1. Agoura Hills, CA
2. Glenwood Springs, CO
3. Boulder, CO
4. Hillsboro, OR

Four TV Shows You Love To Watch:

1. The Simpsons
2. The Daily Show (How could I have forgotten this?) Time Team
3. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
4. South Park

Four Places You’ve Been On Vacation:

1. Orcas Island
2. Reykjavik
3. Victoria, British Columbia
4. London

Four Blogs You Visit Daily:

1. Neil Gaiman
2. Yellow Dog
3. Depraved Librarian
4. The Truth Hurts

Four Of Your Favorite Foods:

1. Green chili
2. Lamb stew
3. Italian Supreme pizza from Round Table
4. Bread pudding

Four Places You’d Rather Be:

1. Central Western Colorado (i.e., in the mountains)
2. Orcas Island
3. Portland, OR
4. ?

Four Albums You Can’t Live Without:

1. Box Set, Led Zeppelin (or if that's cheating, Led Zeppelin II
2. Nihil, KMFDM
3. Siamese Dream, Smashing Pumpkins
4. Cowboy Bebop CD-Box Orignial Soundtrack (Actually, I could live with the box set which includes clips from the show; what I'd really want is my iTunes Cowboy Bebop playlist.) or Symphony No. 9: From the New World, Dvorak

Four Vehicles I’ve Owned:

I've never owned a car until I got married when, legally, my wife's car became our car. When I started college, my parents gave me the choice of a computer or a used car and I went with the computer....

1. An battery-powered car made by a family friend in the early 1970s (imagine a 4x2 foot piece of plywood with four bicycle wheels, one seat, and handle bar steering on a metal frame. I think it could go about 5 mph and could run about an hour before the battery needed to recharge overnight. We got it when I was four and I was too heavy for it by the time I was eight)
2. 1971 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme (an old car that my parents kept around as a second car--my dad had a government supplied car for work).
3. 1995 Dodge Neon (the car my wife had when we got married)
4. 1999 Mustang (not a car we'd have normally bought, but my wife's offloaded it on us for cheap when they went nomadic)

Four People To Be Tagged: Following Clancy's lead: If you haven't done it yet, you're one of the four

2 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Awwwwww. You know, you never did send me your address so I could send you your Found T-Shirt, which since Christmas came and went has now morphed into a Ben's Chili Bowl T-Shirt. So get on the stick, fella.

I drove my parents' 1973 Cutlass Supreme into the ground during college. What a nice car that was, and I treated it so badly. sigh.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger John Walter said...

That '71 Cutlass Supreme was a great car, except for the gas mileage. We lived 5 miles out of town, so a trip to pretty much anywhere burned a gallon of gas. It run until 1991, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home