Monday, June 05, 2006

MLA Field Bibliography Fellowship

Back in Feb., I mentioned that I'd applied for one of the 2006-2009 MLA Field Bibliography Fellowships. MLA hasn't updated the website yet, but beginning July 1, I'll be one of the Field Bibliography Fellows! I don't yet know what journals I'll be covering, but my application listed the following interests: the history and theory of rhetoric; composition studies; medieval literature (particularly Old English, Middle English, and Old Norse); medievalism; orality-literacy studies and the media ecology of oral, chirographic, print, and digital cultures; digital English studies; science fiction; and fantasy. As I noted in my application letter, my interests are quite diverse. While the journals I'll eventually cover will depend upon what isn't already being indexed by a field bibliographer and what I have access to, I'd like to cover a mix of areas. I am planning on checking to see whether or not Kairos is being covered by a field bibliographer, and if it's open, I'm going to request it.

2 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Sounds like a good way to prompt oneself to stay current.

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger John Walter said...

That's one of the reasons I decided to apply. But I have to admit, there's something about the idea of being a bibliographer that appeals to me. It's probably the same sort of nerdliness that leads me to loose track of time when I translate Old English or Old Norse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home