Sunday, February 26, 2006

MLA Field Bibliographer

I've just sent in my application to become a MLA field bibliographer and an application for one of the 2006-2009 MLA Field Bibliography Fellowships. I've been thinking about applying to become a field bibliographer for two or three years now, so I attended both the "Indexing for the MLA International Bibliography" and the "Indexing Scholarly Web Sites in the MLA International Bibliography" sessions at the MLA convention this past December. If I get one of the fellowships, I'll be committing myself to attending MLA through 2008, but, as I've said here before, I like the conference. While I've heard a number of MLA horror stories, I've been three times (and presented twice), and its general reputation just doesn't seem justified.

If you're interested, you can apply to be a field bibliographer at any time, but Fellowship applications are due March 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home