Monday, September 19, 2005

Yoko Kanno

I got the Cowboy Bebop CD-Box featuring Yoko Kanno and the Seatbelts. Earlier this year, I'd already picked up the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Soundtrack. Yoko Kanno's (and the Seatbelts) versitility and range is nothing short of amazing. My only wish for the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack is that there is non-live version of "The Real Folk Blues." There is an alternative version titled "See You Space Cowboys Not Final Mix Mountain Root" but it's all in Japanese. While it's a great song in and of itself, for me, what makes "The Real Folk Blues" is that in the middle of this bluesy song with Japanese lyrics is the line "the real folk blues" sung in English.

Don't just take my word for it, however. Here's another rave review of Yoko Kanno's work.

| | | |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home